Pets Onboard "Terms and conditions"
Viva Aerobús allows the transportation of pets (limited to cats and dogs) in the passenger cabin, provided the weight of your pet and its carrier does not exceed a total of 10 Kg, The cost of this service is $825 Mexican pesos at the time of reservation, or $925 Mexican pesos on the day of travel.
- Only non-ridged (soft) pet carries, designed for use in aircraft, with the following measurement: maximum of 40 cm long, 30 cm wide, and 20 cm high, shall be permitted in the cabin. In addition, your pet must have sufficient clearance to stand and turn comfortably when inside the carrier.
- When onboard, the pet carrier must be placed underneath the seat in front of you, and your pet must not leave the carrier during the flight, for any reason.
- You must carry the necessary documentation for the transportation of your pet.
Please note that documentation differs between national and international flights.
For domestic flights: Immunization record of the animal. Immunizations must be current and must specifically show that deworming treatment, and rabies vaccine have been administered.
For international flights: Immunization record of the animal. Immunizations must be current and must specifically show that deworming treatment, and rabies vaccine have been administered.
Additionally, you must also obtain a certificate of the animals health stating that your pet is fit to fly (original and copy), issued by a licensed veterinarian, no more than five days prior to departure.
Your pet carrier must be lined with sufficient absorbent padding to prevent any risk of leakage. It is strongly recommend that your pet fasts for at least three hours prior travel, so as to avoid the risk of evacuations inside the carrier.
- This service is strictly limited to a maximum of one pet per passenger, and to a maximum of three pets per flight, on a first in first served basis.
- Pets that do not appear in good condition (obviously sick, omitting unpleasant order, or in obvious distress) will not be permitted to travel in the cabin.
- Your pet must be at least eight weeks old, and fully weened.
- Your pet must be transported in a non-ridged (soft) pet carrier.
- Passengers are not permitted to travel in row 1, 12 or 13 (emergency exit rows) when accompanied by a pet in the cabin.
- It is strictly prohibited to supply food or liquids to your pet during the flight.
- In case of emergency, the use of supplementary passenger oxygen masks or therapeutic supplementary oxygen, be it provided by the airline or otherwise, is not permitted for use by animals.
For the safety and wellbeing of your pet during the flight, we strongly recommend that you do not use medicine to soothe or sedate them, unless directed by a licensed veterinarian.
If your pet is not used to travelling in a pet carrier, we recommend introducing them to the carrier well in advance of the flight. The longer you allow your pet to become accustomed to the carrier, the less anxious they will be on the day of travel.
If you believe your pet is likely to become anxious during the flight, we recommend that you include something familiar to them inside the carrier, like a toy, a chew bone, or garment of clothing.
Please take care when selecting a pet carrier that is does not execeed the size specifications: maximum of 40 cm long, 30 cm wide and 20 cm high. Space under the seat in our aircraft is limited, and as such we are unable to accept oversized pet carriers in the cabin.